Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Street Gang" follow-up

Two weeks ago, I reviewed the book Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street. It generated a lot of buzz in the comments section, and for that, I thank you all! I'm glad y'all had interest in it.

I wanted to follow-up on this review. First of all, Michael Davis, the author, has a website devoted to the book: streetgangthebook.com. Click here if you wanna take a look at it. It includes a bonus chapter that's only available online; it's all about the origins of Gordon, as well as the actors who portrayed him.

Also, CNN.com posted an awesome review of Street Gang. Click here if you wanna read it.

This has been a busy week in the life o' Kitten, and I haven't had much time for reading (yet plentiful time for blogging--go fig!) I'll post a book review soon; the one I'm reading right now is going by pretty quickly!

TTFN! Ta-ta for now!

4 comments:

Improbable Joe said...

I totally used live a few blocks over from Sesame Street. I grew up in Harlem, and my neighborhood looked a lot like the sets on the show. This is a book I'm sure I'll pick up.

Anonymous said...

Cool-yeah, this book has been on my mind since your review. Once I finish my current book I'm planning on tihs one!

Anonymous said...

What are you reading? Now I'm curious! I'm on one now that's gonna go a bit slower. I love when I rip right through them.

Kitten said...

Joe: You'll really like this one. It's got a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff that you'll appreciate--especially when it came to designing the sets.

Yaya: Glad you're looking forward to this! Let me know how you like it!

BV: I love a good, fast, absorbing read, too!