Saturday, January 10, 2009

At long last...a book review!

It's been months since I've posted a formal book review on this site, and now that I have the time to complete one, here it is:

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, by David Wroblewski.

I first discovered this book while watching Oprah over the summer; she had made it one of her Book Club selections. Oprah raved and raved about the book, but didn't give too much of the plot away, other than it was the story about a boy and his dog.

After reading this book, I can understand why she didn't want to do that. Let me say that if I were to give any detail about this book, I would be giving too much of the plot away.

It's one of those books that you can't plow into and read in one sitting; it is definitely not a quick read. Rather, it's one of those books that you savor while you're reading it. There are so many details and plot twists that if you read it too quickly, you'll miss something. Just when you think you've made a prediction about where the story's going to go, the author does something completely different.

It's an intriguing book, an absolute must read, one I highly recommend.

I will say this though, Kittens: you may wish to visit the plot of Hamlet before you read this one.

And that's all I am going to say, other than, read this book!

No comments: