Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Malia and Sasha go to Washington

I couldn't imagine going to school accompanied by an entire motorcade, but that's what happened to Malia and Sasha Obama yesterday, on their first day at the Sidwell Friends School. Photos were released of the pre-departure activities, of the President-Elect wishing his daughters good luck at their new school.

I was watching this story unfold last night at the end of the NBC Nightly News, when Brian Williams presented this clip:



I really respected Brian Williams before this, but after seeing this, my respect for the man has increased much more.

As with Messieurs Williams and Chancellor, I, too, will say that this is the last time I will write about the Obama daughters on this blog. I'll write about their parents when they make news, but I won't write about these two little girls. We need to let them be kids.