Sunday, January 25, 2009

Unconventional look-alikes: Morley Safer and Statler the Muppet

If you read my Twitter updates, you'll notice that I made a comment about how I think Morley Safer from 60 Minutes resembles Statler from The Muppet Show. (For those of you who may not know who Statler is, he's one of the old guys who sits in the balcony and heckles everything that goes on in the show. His buddy is Waldorf).

Well, Kittens...I just had to do this.

This is the best side-by-side comparison that Blogger will allow me to do. They're not the best pics in the world, either. Here on the left, you see Morley Safer, in what I believe is an older picture, probably earlier this decade. And here's the best close-up shot of Statler I could find, on the right.
Anyhoo, I'd like to know what y'all think. Do you see a resemblance? Are there any other resemblances that you'd like me to cover? It could become a new feature here on the blog!
Drop a line in the comments section and let me know what you think. I can't wait to hear your responses!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do see a resemblance! I think this would be a great re-occurring post!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for grabbing my button! Now make sure you are true to yourself and that you do something special or have specific "me time" each week!

Vickie said...

Oh My Gosh, I see it! What a hoot!

Thanks for visiting my blog. A bloggy friend of Yayas is a bloggy friend of mine:)

I see that you are also a book blog. There is a blog that I follow, that I think you might enjoy. It is http://www.readingadventures.blogspot.com

I love reading, but since I started blogging, my reading has fallen to the bedside collecting dust. Yet, I still keep buying new books. My madness must stop!

drollgirl said...

haha ha. very cute. my sister used to work for jim henson, so i get a kick out of any muppet references.

and i love morley safer. he is good.

Lisa G said...

Definite resemblance--you should continue this feature, I think it would be fun!

Kitten said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the resemblance!

Vickie: I've got Reading Adventures on my blogroll, too!

Drollgirl: I am a lifelong Muppet freak. As well as a lifelong 60 Minutes fan. Morley Safer and Mike Wallace are my old-school faves. I also like Steve Kroft and Scott Pelley. (Steve Kroft and my mom were in the same high school graduating class!)

Hey Blonde Duck! I'll be stopping by your place shortly!

As for the rest of you, I think this will become a recurring post! I've got an interesting idea for later this week...stay tuned...

Anonymous said...

Kitten,
What's happened to you!? You're the Queen of New Posts. I usually can't keep up, and now you've had this post sitting here for 24 hours....*gasp*!

Lol...kidding...but hope you're ok!

Amber said...

Hahaha, that gave me a giggle!

Jodi said...

That is hysterical. I do see a resemblance. Now I'm going to have to think if I could think of any resemblances.

Hehehe This is fun!

Mammatalk said...

Brilliant! Must have been separated at birth!