Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday Thunk: January 8, 2009

Time for another Thursday Thunk, Kittens! Enjoy!

1. Are you a celebrity news junkie?
Heck yeah! I love reading the entertainment sections of all the news websites, and I'm on People.com more times a day than I would care to admit. (I am aware, however, that there are many net surfers in this world who are far worse than I am--or maybe I'm in denial of how much of a junkie I really am).

2. Have you or anyone in your family ever had braces?

Oh yeah. Sister Kitten and I both had braces. I had mine from the middle of sixth grade till the end of eighth grade. March 31, 1988 till May 31, 1990. Don't ask me how I remember the dates. I did have some other forms of orthodontia, though, in the days pre-braces, but that was to get my teeth ready for the tinsel.

3. Name 4 things in your garage that you don't think anyone else has in theirs.
I live in a condo complex, and have a parking lot. I'll use my parents' garage for this answer:
1. 2 cars (that counts as two things)
2. old quilts and blankets
3. a slop sink

4. Do you order Girl Scout cookies?
Every year! My faves are Thin Mints, Tagalongs, and Do-si-dos.

5. If you have a cat or a dog, what brand of dog/cat food do you feed them?
Mags and Gabs eat Purina Cat Chow Indoor Cat Formula. They love it! Sometimes they'll chew a hole in the bag when I bring it home from the grocery store. I have to put it in their plastic food bin before this happens, but I'm not always so lucky.

6. When you cook, do you use measuring cups/spoons?
It depends what I'm cooking. If I'm baking, I measure; when you bake, if you don't have the precise measurements to the ingredients, your final product may be screwed. Anything else, however, I eyeball the measurements.

7. If you were stranded on a desert island, how many sand castles would you build?
None! I'd be concentrating on finding food and getting off the damn island!

8. What's one thing you own too many of?
Scrapbooking supplies, especially paper and stickers. I don't ever have to go into a scrapbooking or craft store again (though I probably will, anyway). Scrapbooking is such an addiction!

9. If given the chance to go to the moon, would you?

I'm not sure about this one. I know I'll be OK once I get to the moon, but it's the journey to and from Earth that gives me pause.

10. Talk radio - listen or not?
Hell yeah! I'm a talk radio junkie! I like certain shows, however, more than others. I'm not a fan of Rush Limbaugh or Art Bell, for instance. I used to like Dr. Laura, but she wore on me very rapidly. (Is she still on the air?)

Actually, I like all forms of radio!

11. When you put silverware in the dishwasher or in the drainer to dry, do you put the handles up or down?
Handles up. This way I don't get stabbed when I unload the dishwasher.

12. Video Games for kids - good or not?

Good in small doses. If I were a parent I'd monitor the video game time verrrrrry carefully. I don't want my kid to get addicted, and I don't want them to get carpal tunnel syndrome when they're older.

13. Share a website with us.
New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com. Sorry it's not something more interesting or funky, but it's the best newspaper in the entire world, hands down.

14. Water - bottle or tap?

Tap.

15. Have you ever eaten a giant jawbreaker, the ones that are the size of the palm of your hand, all the way to the end?
No. I've never liked jawbreakers. I've always been a chocolate girl. However, gimme a solid chocolate jawbreaker and we could reconsider...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, who has time to build sandcastles when your trying to get off the dang island!!!!

Anonymous said...

I care more about celeb news than real news!

Paula said...

Video games in small doses...I agree

Anonymous said...

I'll consider solid chocolate jawbreaker too!

Kimber said...

Great answers! Have a great day!