Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kitten's 2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge

This will be the last reading challenge I sign up for this year. (Famous last words, I know). Here's the link to J. Kaye's for all of the rules.

For this one, you can choose to read any 12, 25, or 50 books from your local library. I'm going with 25. There are still a lot of books on my bookshelf that I'd like to read, and with this economy, I need to be frugal about my book purchases!

Not to mention, my town has one kick-ass, amazing, award-winning library.

And, like the other three challenges, you can keep up with me via the button on the sidebar.

Here's the list so far (updated July 31, 2009):

1. Tarzan's Tonsillitis, by Alfredo Bryce-Echenique
2. The Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett
3. Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street, by Michael Davis
4. The Middle Place, by Kelly Corrigan
5. Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris, by Paul Gallico
6. Mrs. 'Arris Goes to New York, by Paul Gallico
7. Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Parliament, by Paul Gallico
8. Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Moscow, by Paul Gallico
9. A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, by Dave Eggers
10. A Year of Reading, by Elisabeth Ellington & Jane Freimiller, Ph.D.
11. 1001 Books for Every Mood, by Hallie Ephron, Ph.D.
12. Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading: Finding and Losing Myself in Books, by Maureen Corrigan
13. The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World, by A.J. Jacobs
14. It Sucked and Then I Cried, by Heather B. Armstrong
15. Watership Down, by Richard Adams
16. The Future Homemakers of America, by Laurie Graham
17. Rise and Shine, by Anna Quindlen
18. No! I Don't Want to Join a Book Club: Diary of a 60th Year, by Virginia Ironside

Phew! That's enough blogging for the night! Time to start reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely a library borrower! I only buy the book if my library system doesn't have in (usually cuz it's brand new).

Anonymous said...

It's me again with my warm welcome. The same goes for this challenge. The links to post your reviews are up in the right sidebar at J. Kaye’s Book Blog.