Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration elation

We did get to watch the Inauguration today, after all.

We started watching around 11:45, just as Dianne Feinstein, Mistress of Ceremonies, was wrapping up a big speech. Shortly after that Aretha Franklin started singing "My Country Tis of Thee" and Rick Warren gave the benediction. John Paul Stevens administered the Oath of Office to Joe Biden. Ithzak Perlman and Yo-Yo Ma played "Simple Gifts."

And then, the big moment.

I started crying as Obama took the oath of office, and we all cheered and cheered and cheered when it was done.

His speech was great, full of determination and a "Let's celebrate, but we need to get right down to business" attitude.

I have hope for our country--something we haven't had in the last eight years.

I think President Obama has a great ring to it.

I hope he succeeds.

Here's to the next four years.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

It was a very emotional inaugaration. I was SO fortunate to be able to watch history being made as well. The phones were nice and quiet. I think that his presidency will be so much more "internet friendly" with all the technology that we have virtually at our fingertips. I think he will be the most approachable president and hopefully the man to do the job and get us out of this mess!!

I only wish him the best and look forward at our country changing hopefully for the better. Fingers crossed!
(I cried too :) )

Kika said...

I hope so too.

Unknown said...

I am so thrilled that I cannot even express it!