Thursday, January 15, 2009

We interrupt this self-imposed blog hiatus...

...for another Thursday Thunk. Jen over at Don't Forget to Flush and Chessa over at Ciao, Chessa! reminded me that I had to have a little fun, and here it is.

I'm still on hiatus till Sunday. In fact, I'm writing this on Wednesday night and post-dating it for tomorrow morning, just in time for Thursday. And awaaaaaaaaaay we go!

***UPDATE, 6,29 am, 1/15/09: I had scheduled to have this published later this afternoon, but now that school has a delayed opening I have time to publish it now. Have a great morning, y'all! See you back here next week!***

1. Whats the coldest temps you've experienced?
Uhhhh...right now! It's below zero in Connecticut at night, with a high of 16 degrees during the day.

2. Whats for dinner tonight?
Leftover veggie loaf. It's a Giada DiLaurentiis recipe and it is tres fantastique!

3. Would you consider this job in Australia?
Hell yeah! Anything to get me away from this friggin' cold weather!

4. What was your favorite subject in high school?
French and English were my two favorite subjects. I developed a love for French that lasts to this day. And I got to read some amazing books, some great American classics, in English class that I otherwise would never have chosen to read.

5. How many hours a day is your tv on?
On the weekdays, it's on for about an hour in the morning, as I get ready for work, and then about two hours at night. I've recently started watching The Rachel Maddow Show on a regular basis. Afterwards I watch the 10:00 news, followed by the 11:00 news. I may, however, start watching 30 Rock. I need some levity in my life.

6. Have you ever received an award?
You mean in my professional life or my personal life? I haven't won anything in my professional life, but when I was a student I won two college scholarships and the Wellesley College book award when I was a junior in high school. I won some other academic prizes, but I won't list them here. These are the ones I was most proud of.

7. What's your mousepad look like?
It's got a picture of the Fairfield University alumni house, along with its web address. (Can you tell where I went to college?)

8. Do you think Bud should do the Thursday Thunk meme?
Bud, as a fellow Nutmegger, you owe it to all of us to do at least one Thursday Thunk meme. I just read your post about Bill Savitt and need to make a comment on it as soon as I'm done with this. Thanks for honoring Connecticut history. Love, Kitten

9. How many browser tabs do you have open right now?
Four

10. If you are a parent, have you or did you ever put Vicks VapoRub on your children under the age of 2?
I am not a parent. As a child, however, my parents never used Vicks VapoRub on me. Come to think of it, I have never used Vicks VapoRub ever.

11. If you had to pick one insect to infest your house for 1 day and after that day they would just suddenly vanish, which insect infestation would you pick?
Why would I want to deal with an insect infestation, even for a day? They're mostly nuisances! But if I had a choice...bees. At least they make honey.

12. What color is your underwear that you are wearing right at this moment?
Purple

13. What was the last think you watched on tv?
WFSB Channel 3 Eyewitness News, 6:00 AM edition (and that's not a think, that's a definite I know)

14. What are your plans for the 4th of July this year?
I don't make 4th of July plans so far in advance...it's January, people! All I know is that I wanna see fireworks, since I didn't get to see 'em last year.

15. Tell us about one absolutely wonderful thing that happened to you as a teenager and every time you think of it, it brings a smile to your face.
Well, I was either 18 or 19 when this happened. I was a freshman in college, and our French professor took us to New York to see an Impressionist artist exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Our guide gave us the tour in French! Afterwards she took our whole class out to dinner at a French restaurant, Restaurant Raphael, and then she got us all orchestra tickets to see Les Miserables!!! It was my first Broadway musical, and I was sooooooooooo thrilled! And then she sent us all back to campus in chauffeur-driven limousines! We didn't have to pay a cent for the entire trip! It was amazing, and a memory that I will always cherish.

16. What product could you sell someone based on your love for it?
The entire Serious Skin Care line at HSN.com. I will never, ever use another skincare system ever again. It has done WONDERS for my skin.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love me some vicks!

4th of July is our anniversary! :)

Coffee Slut said...

Nothing like Vicks for clearing out your sinuses!
Happy Thursday!

Lisa G said...

what an amazing teacher!

Coffee Slut said...

Here's your letter ...."J"

I can't wait to read your list!
Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Great teen memory! I have seen a few broadway shows (in Philly) and they were truly amazing.

Robin said...

Have a nice bloggy break.

See you next Thursday?

La Belette Rouge said...

Fun meme. I am also a Rachel Maddow fan. Love that gal!!!