Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Super Bowl pick

It's gonna be the Steelers, and here's my crazy theory why:

It has to do with serendipity, Kittens.

You see, it starts with my theory on the American media: 25% of the American media is in Washington, covering all sorts of political matters. The remaining 75% covers matters of other sorts of importance. For example, those three-fourths traveled down to Tampa from Springfield, Illinois, where they covered the Rod Blagojevich trial. From Tampa, they will travel to Pittsburgh to cover all of the post-game celebrations, riots, and revelry.

From Pittsburgh, the media horde will travel through the night, 84 miles to the northeast, to be exact, to the borough of Punxsutawney, where a rodent is said to make weather predictions.

That's right, the day after the Super Bowl is Groundhog Day, and wouldn't it be ever so convenient if the media horde could just get in their cars and drive to Punxsutawney from Pittsburgh? Where the light from all of their camera flashes will inevitably cause that stupid groundhog to see his shadow, anyway, prolonging this blasted winter of ours?

Arrggh, I'm getting pissed right now--all over the damned Super Bowl too! So to sum up, it's gonna be the Steelers, don't ask me about a point spread, cuz I don't know a blasted thing about football.

As for that blasted rodent...stay tuned on Monday. I have a feeling there's gonna be another haiku in store.


Jodi said...

I think your theory is correct.

I'm a huge animal lover but if that little bastard sees his shadow I'm going to hunt him down. LOL!

Kitten said...

Jodi--I hope that groundhog tastes good! I'll bring the BBQ sauce!

Jenners said...

This is perhaps the most outlandish theory on why the Steelers will win but you are probably right!