Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Stealing: The Sassy Meme

Here we go for another round of memes! I just started following Sunday Stealing, and this is my first go at it:

1. If you could say anything you wanted to say to George Bush, what would you say?
What did you and Jeb do in order to secure Florida's 25 electoral votes in 2000, and who did you pay on the Supreme Court to help decide the election?

2. If you had to be the mother of Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan, who would you choose and why?
I'd be Britney's mom, Lynne. In spite of all that her kids have been through, she seems to genuinely care about them and their welfare. Dina seems to care more about their careers; she's more of a stage mom than Lynne ever was.

3. You get to be Queen for a day. The kids are all taken care of, and you can spend as much money as you want. What do you do all day?
I'd go to the nicest beach in Matzatlan and spend my morning there, getting a tan and swimming in the ocean. Then, in the afternoon, I'd go for some full body spa treatments: hot stones massage, facial, and a mani-pedi. At night, I'd unwind poolside, sipping some cocktails and being waited on hand and foot.

4. Is there a song that brings tears to your eyes every time you hear it? If so, which one?
"The Rainbow Connection." Just the first few strums of the banjo set me off into a pool of tears. We had to play it at a memorial service for an elementary school classmate of mine, and I can't hear that song without thinking of him.

5. A fairy taps you on the shoulder and tells you that you can either have a perfect face or a perfect body for the rest of your life. Which do you choose?
A perfect body, only because I'm overweight and need to lose a few pounds. As long as this wish also guaranteed me good health, I'd be in.

6. If you could live any place in the world and money was no object, where would you live and why?
I'd have a three-bedroom apartment in Paris, in the 7th arrondisement, overlooking the Seine and the Eiffel Tower. Paris has always been close to my heart, and I would love to be in a place that's so full of history and culture.

7. What is your biggest regret in life?
Not taking more business courses when I was in college. Accounting, marketing, and finance would have come in really handy for me during this economic crisis of ours.

8. If you could go back and visit one person in your life who is now dead, and ask one question, what would that question be and why would you ask it?
My teaching mentor. I'd like to ask her why our friendship seemed to have cooled off during the last few months of her life.

9. If you had the choice to age forward (like we are now) or aging backwards (think Benjamin Buttons) which would you choose and why?
I'd still age forwards. I don't want to get younger and younger, and slowly regress to an age where I couldn't talk or no longer do things for myself...wait a minute, doesn't that happen to us when we get older, too? Is this a trick question?

10. What will the epitaph on your headstone say?
"She was a late bloomer who did things the hard way." Nothing has ever come easy for me; I've had to work hard at all of the things I've achieved, as well as the lessons I've learned.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your tombstone.

Anonymous said...

Love what you would say to George Bush!

And good answer w/ the Lindsay/Britney question.

Berleen said...

LMAO to #1~ Great answer!

Kitten said...

I think that evidence will surface one day that there was a definite conspiracy to secure Florida's electoral votes for GWB. I have a feeling that there's a book involved!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

You did great Bush. Very funny. Your answer to the song was very touching. That's a tough thing to have gone through. Happy Sunday...

drollgirl said...

super post. loved #9 & 10. :)

Lisa G said...

That apartment in Paris sounds divine!

Jodi said...

AWESOME answers!! Love the apartment in Paris, the Queen for a Day...and the Bush question. Too funny!