Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Home

Well, Kittens, I'm finally home from my housesitting gig. Lemme tell ya, I was sooo eager to get home and be with my babies and now that I am finally back in my own space it just feels...weird. Like this is a foreign place to me.

Maybe it's because I haven't been home for an extended period of time since Christmas Eve. I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day at my parents' house, was home on the 26th and 27th, then drove down to BFF's Sunday night and slept over. We went to NYC the next day, then I slept over again because we got back at 12:30 in the morning. I went back to my place on Tuesday, spent the night there, and then the next day was New Year's Eve. BFF had a party, and I slept over again. My housesitting gig started New Year's Day, and it finally ended today.

So now I'm home again, I have Internet access, and life is good!

Blogging will be light this month. Well, every time I say that I end up posting and posting and posting. I've got meetings every single night next week, except for Friday, when I'm going to Sturbridge, Mass for the weekend with a couple of girlfriends. We're going scrapbooking! Yea! I haven't scrapbooked in months, and I miss it!!!

Anyhoo, here's a list of topics I hope to address this month:
  • the end of the G.W. Bush administration (thank God!)
  • Senator Al Franken
  • Mayor Mike, R.I.P. (CT residents will know what I'm talking about
  • the 2008 holiday season, including my recent trip to NYC
  • the Obama inauguration
  • a weekend away with the gals on a scrapbooking retreat
  • my revived interest in cross stitch
  • a couple of new book reviews
  • some holiday loot and New Year's traditions
  • why I heart Brian Williams
  • the Obama girls come to Washington
  • updates on Project: Save Kitten's Nails! (Thanks for the title, Yaya!)
  • my take on celebrity baby names

...and whatever else comes to mind this January.

I guess I should make dinner now. Mama Cat pimped me out with some yummy food before I left Christmas day, and I've got a mini meatloaf waiting to bake. I know it isn't much, but I haven't had a chance to grocery shop or plan meals since...well, before the holidays!

I did see a very yummy recipe for Greek-style shepherd's pie, though...maybe that's worth a trip to the grocery store tomorrow.

Ahhh, home...it's good to be back!

1 comment:

Lisa G said...

I can't wait for the celebrity baby names post!