Thursday, January 22, 2009

I can haz an award! The Honest Scrap Award!

I've been tagged by NurseExec for the Honest Scrap Award! My first blog award--I'm tickled!!!




This is an easy one--all you have to do is list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! Then tag 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap Award. Here we go!!!!

1. As a kid, I was afraid of those 1970s era logos that came after TV shows--I'm talking about examples like the Viacom V of Doom and the Screen Gems S from Hell. I'm not afraid of them anymore--except for one. I have always been afraid of the ITC spinning rainbow diamond--the music, the logo zooming out at you. I had to hide from it every week whenever I watched The Muppet Show. It's a silly fear for me to have as an adult, but I've got it, and don't know if I'll get over it!

2. I've been hospitalized twice. I had bacterial pneumonia at 13 months and nearly died from it. The doctors placed me in one of those oxygen cribs, and I spent most of my stay there till I recovered. The second time was four years ago, when I had the flu. That year I didn't have a flu shot, but I've been diligent about getting one ever since.

3. I've been thinking about a career change. It's gonna be a hard decision, though, especially with the job market we're in right now. I'm not exactly sure where I'd go, either. But you can't beat the education field for its benefits, such as guaranteed vacation time.

4. As with 2/3 of our fair state of Connecticut, I once worked in the insurance industry. It was boring as hell. Wait a minute...how could hell be boring?

5. It's been five years since I've stepped in a movie theater. I hate watching movies! They're overpriced, plus moviegoers have no concept of etiquette. I always get seated around teenagers who are making out or are on their cell phones, or around people who just blab, blab, blab their way through the entire picture. As for movies on TV...I hate when they edit for swearing and commercial interruptions.

6. I'd love to take a job in another country, but I can't decide where I'd want to work. My main choices are Montreal, Paris, and Sydney, Australia. I'd love to live in another culture for awhile.

7. If my credit were better, I'd take advantage of some of the cheap real estate down in Florida right now. I'm not sure, however, if I'd want to live there full time, since I'd be the only one of my family living down there.

8. I always thought Joe Biden had a great smile. It just changes his whole face, from being an uber-serious, no-nonsense senator (now Vice President! yay!) to very sincere and caring. He looks so CUTE when he smiles!

9. When I was in middle school, I had a crush on Greg Louganis and even had his picture on my bedroom wall. I had no gaydar then, and didn't develop it till high school.

10. On my 30th birthday, my two best friends came up with a plan to try and convince me to sing for money in Times Square (after I had a couple of drinks). Sister Kitten, however, was there and put a stop to it. I was upset; I would have done it! (Lil' Sis argued that I would embarass myself, but I think she would have been more embarrassed).

And now...drumroll please...I tag thee:

Yaya over at Yaya Stuff

My new friend Droll Girl

Jodi at Moody Blue

Bud at WTIT

Amber over at Mommy Mania

Kimberella over at Life in a Zoo!

Berleen over at A Strait Jacket and a Padded Room

Have fun, Kittens!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

how fun!

regarding number 8: yes, he does indeed have a great smile and it's so sincere (I think)...but...he really has to lay off the botox. it's too much.

Unknown said...

oh, and ps, if you had started to sing in Times Square...no one would have even blinked unless you were doing it naked...and, even then no one would care! they probably would have started singing with you!
:) come back for your next bday and DO IT! I'll take the photos!

Amber said...

Thanks for tagging me, I shall surely play!

Jodi said...

Awww Thank you!!! I am very honored to receive the award. I will definitely work on it this weekend!

I have a fear too that I'll put in mine. Mine is SO funny wait till you read it. LOL!

I agree about Joe Biden. (The Catholic in me is so glad that he carries around his favorite Rosary in his pocket with him at all times) Just a side-note. :)

Lisa G said...

Thanks for playing along, I loved getting to know you better :)

Kitten said...

Chessa: I'll let you know when I'm coming to NYC! :)

Amber: Your answers are awesome! Thanks for playing along!

Jodi: Joe Biden carries a rosary with him?!?! I'm more in love with him now than I was before!!! (BTW, can't wait to see your answers!) :)

NurseExec: I had so much fun with this meme. Thanks for inviting me to play along!